"We believe there is still more light and truth to break forth from God's holy word."
- We take the Bible seriously, but not literally.
- Worship God with joyful hearts and open minds.
- Include children in the life and ministry of the church.
- Celebrate creativity and the arts.
- Seek to be inclusive of ALL people.
- Believe that growth in wisdom and
understanding happens at all stages of life.
- Are committed to working for justice for all people and for the environment.
- Care for one another laugh easily, and rest in God's love.
- Look to Jesus as teacher, prophet, and Child of God.
We recognize the diversity of human nature as a part of God’s universal plan and affirm all families and relationships founded on love, respect, responsibility, and trust.
We don’t all believe the same things – and we celebrate that! Each of us is on a journey of faith, seeking to serve God and walk in the ways of Jesus Christ as best we can. Our lives lead us down different paths.
As a community, we strive to love and support one another along the way.
For more information about what it means to be an ‘Open And Affirming” congregation, visit the United Church of Christ website.
A Diverse Community of Faith
Church of the Good Shepherd UCC is a progressive, diverse community of faith, friendship, and service.
We are a member-led congregation. The Church Council oversees the life and ministry of the church on behalf of the congregation. Comprised of Officers, Ministry Team Leaders, and Members at Large, the Church Council is elected by the congregation during our annual June meeting,